The Alliance for Accelerating Excellence in Science in Africa (AESA) in collaboration with Ifakara Health Institute and Institut de Recherche en Sciences de la Santé will hold a three-day (Oct
The Alliance for Accelerating Excellence in Science in Africa (AESA) in collaboration with Ifakara Health Institute and Institut de Recherche en Sciences de la Santé will hold a three-day (Oct 12 – 14) proposal development ‘BootCamp’ workshop in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
The proposal development BootCamp aims to offer early-career African innovators and scientists an opportunity to receive intensive coaching on how to develop successful grant proposals.
1. Should be African innovators interested in addressing priority health needs of the continent.
2. May have a background in any field, but it is important that they are focused on addressing priority health challenges in African communities.
3. Should have already identified a specific subject of interest or a specific innovation to pursue.
4. Should be early-career researchers currently working within African organizations including universities, research institutions, industry, non-governmental organizations and the private sector in general including privately owned start-ups.
5. Should have a well drafted grant proposal already created, in advance ahead of the boot camp session. The Boot Camp sessions will not be used for idea generation, but rather to coach participants on how to package their proposals.
october 12 (Thursday) - 14 (Saturday)
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso