Africa Oxford Health Innovation Platform
The AfOx Innovation and Entrepreneurship Scheme will offer virtual training on Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Health for Africa. The training aims to equip participants with key insights into the entrepreneurial journey - from the process of developing ideas, understanding core entrepreneurial talents and skills required to succeed, through to launching a venture. It integrates the use of virtual workrooms for small group engagement, interactive media and e-learning activities as well as traditional didactic components.
At the end of the virtual course, a small number of candidates with projects with the highest potential for further development will be awarded AfOx Innovation scholarships for personalised support in Oxford to meet specific needs for mentorship and technical collaborative support.
• A unique interactive programme that is adaptive and based on micro-learning social experiences.
• Workshops that cover broader aspects intended to help stretch perspectives as well as personal/professional development such as leadership, team building, negotiation etc.
• Venture building activity including expert and peer-to-peer support
• 8–10 hours/week of self-paced learning, entirely online over 8 weeks excluding orientation. It is designed for optimal accessibility for the busy working talented African innovator
• Self-led interactions, co-creation of a series of activities in virtual workrooms, where additional expert/peer to peer support is required over a further 6 weeks.
• You’ll receive your login details for the AfOx virtual training hub on the start date
• Your programme starts on 19 July 2021
• AfOx will be in touch ahead of the programme start date to welcome you
• There will be an Ask Me Anything session during the Orientation week